Rona is wreaking havoc on our emotional wellbeing. Whether it’s the debates on whose information is more correct, the fear for our loved ones, or the continuous lifestyle changes we’ve been thrust into. Hey, a lot of us are still not used to all the roundabouts! We get it. And we can help!
How can Chiropractic Therapy Help with Stress, Anxiety and Depression?
1) When the body is in distress, the mind follows. By addressing imbalances within the nervous system, personalized and targeted chiropractic therapy can help bring the body back into alignment for whole body healing.
2) Beat the cycle. The symptoms of stress include muscle tension, headaches, digestive distress, insomnia and more. Then in an ironic twist, these same symptoms can exacerbate feelings of stress, depression and anxiety. Chiropractic care can help alleviate the physical symptoms, giving your body AND mind a sense of relief.
3) Speak to the heart. According to a study in the Journal of Chiropractic Medicine, patients found a reduction in pulse rates and a balancing of blood pressure after receiving chiropractic therapy.
4) A little self care goes a long way. Coupled with a therapeutic massage or a relaxing session in the infrared sauna, chiropractic therapy can help with the release of positive hormones and promote better sleep.
5) Chiropractors can work within a multidisciplinary approach. Similar to Medical Doctors (MDs,) chiropractors spend at least four years earning their Doctor of Chiropractic (DC) degree and a state license. This is often followed by extensive continuing education, learning about subjects like anatomy, physiology, nutrition and holistic health. This knowledge and training allows chiropractors to work with an individual’s team of doctors and therapists to craft a specialized approach for the best possible results.
Coping with stress, anxiety and depression is hard; and there are a lot of opinions on the best courses of actions. At Creekside Chiropractic, we believe every person responds differently and aim to work alongside our contemporary and alternative colleagues to give our patients the best possible outcome.
When you’re ready, contact us to learn how we can help in a minimally invasive and effective way.